Welcome to Andrew Smith Saturdays! Today we'll be discussing the first part of IN THE PATH OF FALLING OBJECTS. Feel free to jump in with any questions or other topics you might want to discuss from this section of the book.
In the Path of Falling Objects:
1. In the beginning it seems as though Jonah and Simon have a pretty strong relationship. Do you think it began to suffer after the two met Mitch and Lilly or do you think they could have had some issues beforehand?
Part One: Pages 2-62 Discussion
2. Simon and Jonah have been left in the most dire situation, yet somehow they've made a plan to seek out something... rather than be taken away by the Department of Family Services. How would you feel if you were in this situation? Would you be able to go on the journey that they have begun?
3. Okay, I know we're all thinking it.. What is up with Mitch and Lilly? Does Mitch and his creeptastic personality freak you out or fascinate you? And what about Lilly? She seems so nonchalant about everything.
4. What do you think of Matthew's letters and how they are woven into the story? Do you think there is some significance for this?
Okay. Let's talk!
If there is something else you want to bring up and discuss, please do so. I would love to hear what you think.
We will discuss Part Two next Saturday.
Don't forget to enter Adam's giveaway for a copy of STICK at the bottom of the post.
ScheduleJune: In the Path of Falling Objects (Hosted by Lady Reader’s Bookstuff)
- 6/2: Part One: Pages 2-62
- 6/9: Part Two: Pages 63-129
- 6/16: Part Three: Pages 130-195
- 6/23: Part Four: Pages 196-267
- 6/30: Part Five: Pages 268-323
- 7/7: First (Part 1): Pages 2-59
- 7/14: First (Part 2): Pages 60-103
- 7/21: Next (Part 1): Pages 107-216
- 7/28: Next (Part 2): Pages 216-292
- 8/4: Chapter 1 - 8
- 8/11: Chapter 9 - 15
- 8/18: Chapter 16 - 22
- 8/25: Chapter 23 - 29
- 9/8: Part One: The Amethyst Hour, Chapters 1-17
- 9/15: Part Two: The Strange Boys, Chapters 18-30
- 9/22: Part Three: Blackpool, Chapters 21-42
- 9/29: Part Four: Chapters 43-48
- 10/6: Part Five: Seth, Chapters 49-59
You must register for this event and participate in order to be eligible for prizes.
Register --> Here.
Register --> Here.
Where to buy
Adam @ Roof Beam Reader is offering up one copy of Stick, as he is hosting the discussion for this book in July.
Open to US only. Must be 14 and older.
Please enter the giveaway on only one of the 4 host blogs.
Duplicate entries will be deleted. Giveaway is open 6/1/12 12:01 AM until 6/14/12 11:59 PM.
Winner will be announced on Roof Beam Reader!
Awesome reading material: Check
Discussion with other lovers of the written word: Check