Welcome to Andrew Smith Saturdays! Today we'll be discussing the third part of IN THE PATH OF FALLING OBJECTS. Feel free to jump in with any questions or other topics you might want to discuss from this section of the book.
In the Path of Falling Objects:
1. What do you guys think of Dalton? Seems nice enough, right? Has a decent family, or so it seems. Do you think that Dalton has only good intentions?
Part Three: Pages 130-195 Discussion
2. Also, how would you feel if you were in Jonah's place currently? He is terrified for his brother, Lilly and himself. He obviously had no idea what any of them are thinking. I think he's being more brave than any 16 year old boy I've ever known.
3. I have to ask once again, What are your thoughts on Lilly? We've gotten some background between her and Mitch. I do think that Lilly was/is using Mitch to get to California and also knowing she could easily control him because of his feelings for her, however messed up they might be. All of this aside, is Lilly a bad person? Or do you think she was just grasping at straws and doing things the only way she knew how?
4. Was it just me or did you guys think Mitch was going to kill Walker right then and there when he showed up? Did you think it was kind of strange that this old man just happened to run into Simon and Lilly? Once again, I find myself wondering, is this a man we can trust? I'm certainly hoping so with everything in me because Simon and Lilly do not have a chance of escaping Mitch now without some help.
5. If there were any doubts at all of Mitch and his insanity I think we have that covered. What did you guys think of what happened right before this section ended? Mitch has lost it in every way capable, I think. And he's only out for vengeance.
6. The letters from Matthew are becoming more clear to me as the journey with the boys go on further. It saddens me to no end to read how Matthew's state of mind is disintegrating more and more every day that he's in the battle field. And it does appear to me that he is trying as hard as he can to keep the little family that they do have, together. Sometimes the most important things to you don't seem so significant until you no longer have them.
Okay. Let's talk!
There is a lot going on at this point in the book and I have absolutely no idea where things are headed.
Seriously, things could go in so many directions and I am full of questions. If there is something else you want to bring up and discuss, please do so. I would love to hear what you think. We will discuss Part Four next Saturday.
ScheduleJune: In the Path of Falling Objects (Hosted by Lady Reader’s Bookstuff)
- 6/2: Part One: Pages 2-62
- 6/9: Part Two: Pages 63-129
- 6/16: Part Three: Pages 130-195
- 6/23: Part Four: Pages 196-267
- 6/30: Part Five: Pages 268-323
- 7/7: First (Part 1): Pages 2-59
- 7/14: First (Part 2): Pages 60-103
- 7/21: Next (Part 1): Pages 107-216
- 7/28: Next (Part 2): Pages 216-292
- 8/4: Chapter 1 - 8
- 8/11: Chapter 9 - 15
- 8/18: Chapter 16 - 22
- 8/25: Chapter 23 - 29
- 9/8: Part One: The Amethyst Hour, Chapters 1-17
- 9/15: Part Two: The Strange Boys, Chapters 18-30
- 9/22: Part Three: Blackpool, Chapters 21-42
- 9/29: Part Four: Chapters 43-48
- 10/6: Part Five: Seth, Chapters 49-59
You must register for this event and participate in order to be eligible for prizes.
Register --> Here.
Register --> Here.