Guys! I am so lucky that I was able to attend this event. Meeting these
threefour ladies was surely the highlight of my week. I was lucky enough to meet the very darling Katy Hershberger, (boss lady at Bloomsbury) back in January 2012 when I attended another event. So, you can imagine my surprise and happiness when I was able to see her again. (And this time I have a photo!) I have been wanting to meet Megan Miranda since way back before FRACTURE was released and I finally got my chance. Robin and Yelena both had me super curious for different reasons. Yelena - because my daughter danced for 8 years so that will always be interesting to me and Robin, well, if you know me at all then you know how much I dig music. Robin wrote a book called AUDREY WAIT! and there is plenty of it in there. I had the opportunity to interview them, ask embarrassing questions and take lousy video footage, that I definitely not be using. I hope you enjoy!
Title: HysteriaAuthor: Megan MirandaPub. Date: February 5, 2013Publisher: Walker ChildrensPages: 336
Mallory killed her boyfriend, Brian. She can't remember the details of that night but everyone knows it was self-defense, so she isn't charged. But Mallory still feels Brian's presence in her life. Is it all in her head? Or is it something more? In desperate need of a fresh start, Mallory is sent to Monroe, a fancy prep school where no one knows her . . . or anything about her past.But the feeling follows her, as do her secrets. Then, one of her new classmates turns up dead. As suspicion falls on Mallory, she must find a way to remember the details of both deadly nights so she can prove her innocence-to herself and others.
In another riveting tale of life and death, Megan Miranda's masterful storytelling brings readers along for a ride to the edge of sanity and back again.
Title: Also Known AsAuthor: Robin BenwayPub. Date: February 26, 2013Publisher: BloomsburyPages: 320
Being a 16-year-old safecracker and active-duty daughter of international spies has its moments, good and bad. Pros: Seeing the world one crime-solving adventure at a time. Having parents with super cool jobs. Cons: Never staying in one place long enough to have friends or a boyfriend. But for Maggie Silver, the biggest perk of all has been avoiding high school and the accompanying cliques, bad lunches, and frustratingly simple locker combinations.
Then Maggie and her parents are sent to New York for her first solo assignment, and all of that changes. She'll need to attend a private school, avoid the temptation to hack the school's security system, and befriend one aggravatingly cute Jesse Oliver to gain the essential information she needs to crack the case . . . all while trying not to blow her cover.
Title: Dance of ShadowsAuthor: Yelena BlackPub. Date: February 12, 2013Publisher: BloomsburyPages: 447
Dancing with someone is an act of trust. Elegant and intimate; you're close enough to kiss, close enough to feel your partner's heartbeat. But for Vanessa, dance is deadly – and she must be very careful who she trusts . . .
Vanessa Adler attends an elite ballet school – the same one her older sister, Margaret, attended before she disappeared. Vanessa feels she can never live up to her sister's shining reputation. But Vanessa, with her glorious red hair and fair skin, has a kind of power when she dances – she loses herself in the music, breathes different air, and the world around her turns to flames . . .
Soon she attracts the attention of three men: gorgeous Zep, mysterious Justin, and the great, enigmatic choreographer Josef Zhalkovsky. When Josef asks Vanessa to dance the lead in the Firebird, she has little idea of the danger that lies ahead – and the burning forces about to be unleashed . . .
1. How long did it take to write your current novel?
- Megan – Nine months
- Yelena – One year
- Robin – One year
2. Were you made to “kill any of your darlings?”
- Megan – I consolidated a few characters and also added one into a later draft.
- Yelena – One character was a little too racy for my editor, so I had to tone him down some.
- Robin – Offensive language. I usually add more than usual because I know some will be cut.
3. Who is your favorite character(s) in your current novel?
- Megan – Colleen. She is actually the most favorite character I’ve ever written.
- Yelena – Justin and Vanessa
- Robin – Roux and Angelo
4. Do you have certain rituals that you perform when writing?
- Megan – I write from 9-12. Do misc. emails from the school carpool line.
- Yelena – I write 10-5. Turn off the Internet and phone. I also think of food and showers as a goal.
- Robin – Must have a structured day. Definitely get dressed and apply make-up.
5. What are some of your favorite authors?
- Megan – Michael Crichton
- Yelena – Kurt Vonnegut
- Robin – Judy Blume, Beverly Cleary and Roald Dahl.
6. Is there anything we should be looking out for?
- Megan– The sequel to FRACTURE, which is VENGEANCE and is told from Decker’s point of view.
- Yelena– The sequel to DANCE OF SHADOWS. Takes place in London and will be a trilogy.
- Robin– The sequel to ALSO KNOWN AS. Takes place in New York and I'm hoping for a four book series.
Open to US & International Residents 14+
Winner must respond in 48 hours.
a Rafflecopter giveaway